TatNIPIneft - Tatar Oil Research and Design Institute - set up back in 1956, still holds its position of a leading Russian petroleum research centre. Scientific and engineering capabilities and rich hands-on experience of research engineers gained over years guarantee state-of-the-art level of solution of challenging scientific and technological problems of upstream operations.
TatNIPIneft possesses a considerable scientific potential. For the years passed, more than 170 TatNIPIneft employees defended their post-graduate scientific degrees. Currently, 14 Doctors of Science are working at TatNIPIneft, 69 employees have the PhD degree.
By decision of State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles, a Dissertation council on Conferment of Dr.Sc. degree on two specialities, Drilling and Completion of Wells and Reservoir Engineering, was set up in TatNIPIneft.
Scientific research and pilot works are performed at a level of up-to-date achievements and a lot of them are corroborated as patents on inventions. For the period of TatNIPIneft existence, more than 2700 inventions were developed, 15 of which were patented by 76 foreign patents in the USA, Great Britain, Canada, France, Japan, Germany, and in the Middle East countries. For this period, 84 collections of research works, 229 treatises, and 9400 scientific papers were published.
TatNIPIneft contribution to industrial growth has been recognized by numerous national and international awards and prizes, including:
- the State Lenin Prize;
- application of contour water flooding technique in the Romashkinskoye oil field (1962);
- two State Prizes of the USSR;
- development and implementation of pulse methods of full-wave acoustic and neutron logging to improve the efficiency of oil and gas exploration and production (1982);
- development of pipe polyethylene coating and lining technique (1989);
- three Awards of the Government of Russian Federation in Science and Engineering;
- development and commercial application of biotech enhanced oil recovery methods (1995);
- development and commercial application of technologies to stabilize oil production from large mature fields (2006);
- development and commercial application of heavy oil production technologies (2012);
- eighteen State Awards of the Republic of Tatarstan in Science and Engineering.
Development and commercialization of technologies to enhance oil production rates and improve ultimate oil recovery of the fields in the Republic of Tatarstan
The most significant recent research developments of TatNIPIneft include:
- constantly updated models and advanced field development systems (1999);
- chemical, physical, and microbiological EOR and well stimulation techniques (1999);
- exploration and reservoir engineering projects for oil fields in the Republic of Tatarstan, oil producing regions of Russian Federation, countries of the former Soviet Union, and foreign countries;
- development and commercial application of technology for protection and repair of production casing string (2001);
- development and implementation of geoinformation systems for environmental protection management in the southeast of Tatarstan (State Prize of the Republic of Tatarstan in Science and Engineering, 2004);
- technology for casing of oil and gas well using expandable steel pipes (2006);
- theoretical background and commercial application of technologies to stabilize oil production from mature fields (2006);
- development and commercial application of reservoir management methods based on CAD technologies (2007);
- development and commercial application of technologies to increase effectiveness of hard-to-recover oil reserves production (2008);
- development and commercial application of technological and process solutions to maintain, restore and improve well deliverability (2009);
- design and implementation of process solutions to improve oil transportation (2010);
- theoretical background and commercial application of technologies for extension of PJSC TATNEFT resource potential (2012);
- development and implementation of instrumentation and techniques for tracer surveys in hydrogeology and reservoir management (2012);
- development and implementation of heavy oil production technologies (2012);
- development of technologies for improved treatment of oil produced in Volga-Ural oil basin (2013);
- improvement of oil fields performance through application of horizontal wells in the Republic of Tatarstan (2014) ;
- development and commercialization of intelligent well operation technologies for the Romashkinskoye oil field (2014);
- development and implementation of technologies for heavy oil field process facilities (2015);
- development and commercialization of technologies to enhance oil production rates and improve ultimate oil recovery of the fields in the Republic of Tatarstan (2017).
The technologies developed by TatNIPIneft are applied on a commercial scale in Tatarstan and in different regions of Russia (the Arkhangelsk, Irkutsk, Orenburg, Samara, Ulyanovsk regions, Western Siberia, the Republic of Bashkortostan, the Komi Republic, the Republic of Kalmykia, the Yakutia-Sakha Republic), countries of the former Soviet Union and foreign countries (the USA, Italy, Vietnam, Iran, China, and others).
The Design Engineering Sector of TatNIPIneft extensively uses computer-aided design system for designing oil production and infrastructure facilities.
The latest projects include Surgery Hospital of PJSC TATNEFT Medical Center in Almetyevsk, cascade of ponds in Almetyevsk recreation area, apartment buildings in Almetyevsk, Leninogorsk, Bugulma, and Bavly, mountain skiing centre in YAN health resort in Tatarstan, fiber glass plant in the ALABUGA exclusive economic zone, off-site water supply systems for TANECO Petrochemical Complex and ZAO Nizhnekamsk Gas Refinery, the Ashalchinskoye heavy oil field construction project.
The Design Engineering Sector has established and applies a quality management system according to ISO 9001:2008 for carrying out of engineering surveys and development of design documentation for oil projects and construction of buildings and facilities for production, residential, and public purposes.
TatNIPIneft scientists and engineers participate in world congresses, symposia, exhibitions, and shows. We maintain business relationships with companies from the USA, Canada, Norway, Japan, Germany, Finland, France, China, Vietnam, the Middle East, Africa.
TatNIPIneft contribution to industrial growth has been recognized by numerous national and international awards and prizes.